Sidewalk Spotters

Keeping track of broken sidewalks in LA County since October 2020

How to Submit

  1. Post your broken sidewalk or curb photo on Twitter and tag @theplacespace or use the hashtag #SidewalkSpottersLA. Be sure to include the location (ex. 321 W. 3rd Street, Los Angeles) and the date the photo was taken. We’ll accept any submissions within the County of Los Angeles, regardless of city, and give credit to the person who submits (unless you prefer to be anonymous).
  2. If located in the City of Los Angeles, you should also report it using the City’s My311 website to place a service request. This way the city is bombarded with requests asking for better sidewalks.
  3. Outside of the City of Los Angeles, see if your city has some type of reporting service. You also may want to contact a council member’s office to request repairs.
  4. Spread the word! Let everyone know you are now a certified Sidewalk Spotter and get your friends and neighbors involved too!